Tuesday, March 17, 2009

IF YOU CAN'T WORK OUT, JOIN 'EM

It is Tuesday night, which means my very favorite spinning class of the week is tonight. I was, frankly, looking forward to spinning class all day today. I really needed it. I slept like crap last night; I am achy, tired, stressed, had a long day at work, and really could have used a good workout.

But when I picked my three year old up from school and she repeated to me twenty times in a row "mommy I don't want to go to the gym mommy mommy mommy I don't WANT to go to the gym" I wound up not having a choice. Sure, I could have gone to class anyways, and forced her to go into the playcare room. But after a full day of school, and with how adamant she was being, I felt like it was asking for trouble. I assumed that if I forced the issue, that ten minutes into class the gym would be asking me to collect her from daycare for one reason or another.

And so, I went home and started pouting for a bit.

But then I remembered that it is St. Patty's Day. So I decided to make the best of it.

Having run out of wine a few nights ago (whoops) I opted for a beer, which I poured into an emerald green wine glass, just to be festive.

And now I am no longer pouting! After all, there is always tomorrow to burn calories.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
|