Saturday, March 21, 2009

NEVER HEARD IT CALLED THAT BEFORE

My four year old goddaughter slept over our house last night. It was the first time that Amanda had someone sleep over, and everyone was excited.

We went out to Friendly's for dinner - for those of you who do not live in the area, Friendly's is a fast-food type family restaurant which has a big ice cream menu. It was appropriate to go here, because after all what is a sleepover party without ice cream sundaes?

Anyways, while we were waiting for them to bring our food, my niece told me she had to "go potty." I took her by the hand and brought her over to the restrooms. This particular Friendly's did not have a men's room and a ladies' room; rather, it had two unisex bathrooms. So I chose one and we enterred.

As I was putting her on the toilet I could see her staring at the urinal. Great, I am thinking, I don't really want to explain what it is and why it is there, why we weren't using it, etc. Just as I am mentally preparing for her to ask me "Auntie Dawn what is THAT," she instead turns to me and says, very confidently,

"Auntie Dawn, THAT'S for boys."

Wow. Cool, I thought.

"You are right, Kayleigh, that IS for boys. Very good."

She then said "Yeah, because boys have PONYTAILS."
|