Monday, November 28, 2011

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO AMANDA

Keeping it light tonight...

Couple of recent gems from my almost six-year-old.

* * * * *

me: "Are you bringing your puppy Butterscotch to bed?"

Amanda: "His name isn't Butterscotch, it's Chesapeake."

me: "Your puppy's name is Chesapeake?"

Amanda: "Yes...Chesapeake Bay."

me: "That's not a name, its a place."

Amanda: "No mom, its a RIVER."

...huh?

* * * * *

Amanda is making this deliberately loud blood-curdling screaming noise...and it is endless. Finally, I say "what on earth are you doing?"

"I'm trying to make the sound that Snoopy makes when he cries."

* * * * *

"Mom, could I please get a Starbucks Card for my birthday?"

* * * * *

"Mom, sometimes at school these kids in my class burp really loud, and everyone in the class laughs. Well, everyone with the exception of me."

* * * * *

"Mom, can we go see 'Jesus Christ Superstar' on Christmas? You know, since that's his birthday?"

* * * * *

Amanda points to the 3 shakers at the fixings bar at Starbucks and says "What are those, mommy?"

"Chocolate, Cinnamon, and Vanilla" I respond.

She rolls her eyes at me with complete disgust and says "DUH mom, I CAN READ, you know! I meant what ARE they?"

* * * * *

"Mom, what color is 'mauve?' I know it is an abbreviation for 'mauvelicious.'"

* * * * *

Love this kid. So, so much.
|