Saturday, December 24, 2011

FROM THE MOUTHS OF BABES...

Overheard from my daughter over the course of the past 24 hours....

* * * * * *

Amanda: "Mom....I REALLY disagree with that sign over there!" (Points to a sign in Kohl's LAST NIGHT that reads 'It's the Best Time to Be Shopping!')

* * * * * *

(Driving around Dedham last night, looking at all of the Christmas light displays...)

me: "Amanda - everyone did SUCH a nice job decorating this year, huh?"

Amanda: "Yes! Everyone but us!"

* * * * * *

Amanda: "'Feliz Navidad' is my favorite Christmas Carol, because it is Mexican."

* * * * * *

(Trying to explain heritage and traditions...)

me: "Amanda, you are Italian. Italians celebrate Christmas."

Amanda: "And my friend Theo is British - that's why he celebrates Hanukkah!"

* * * * * *

(Observing a man dressed as Santa walking down Washington Street this morning...)

Amanda: "Um.....he needs to turn around, the North Pole is THAT way."

* * * * * *

(While watching the movie 'Elf' this morning...)

Amanda: "I love this movie. It is a great non-fiction story."

* * * * * *

Last but not least - my favorite

(While finishing shopping last night...)

Amanda: "Wow Mom, you smell REALLY good!"

me: "Really? What do I smell like?"

Amanda, thinking about it: ".....you smell like a MOM."

* * * * * *


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to All!!!!
|