Sunday, May 16, 2010

SUPREME BEING?

Evidence that my daughter has not been to church very often:

Today we were at my nephew's baptism. Amanda was admiring the stained glass windows, and was curious about why I was reciting the prayers aloud after telling her sternly that there is "no talking allowed in church." The entire ceremony was different and confusing to her, for sure.

At one point, I saw her fixating on a painting just outside the altar. It was a depiction of the Holy Trinity, showing the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. She was studying this picture intently and then began to point at it, very excitedly.

"Look Mommy!" she said in a very loud whisper.

"What?"

"Look at that!"

"What is it, Amanda?" I asked.

Pointing at the Holy Spirit draped in his red robes, she exlaimed "It's Superman!"
|